Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 16-12-2022 15:55

E-S-Tunis.com_en
Membre
Site Web

Re : Familiar foes re-unite as draw is concluded for CAF Champions League group stage

Familiar foes re-unite as draw is concluded for CAF Champions League group stage

1670851124_img.jpg
Flavio Amado (Al Ahly) and Majdi Traoui (Esperance) during Monday's CAF Champions League draw. Will their former teams make it to the final? Photo | CAF Online

Familiar foes will re-unite once again after the group stage draw for the 2022-23 TotalEnergies CAF Champions League was conducted on Monday afternoon in Cairo.

Group B will see an almost familiar line up to last season with record champions Al Ahly, Mamelodi Sundowns and Sudan’s Al Hilal drawn together once again. They will be joined in the group by Cameroon’s Cotonsport.

During the competition last term, they were drawn in Group A where Sundowns finished the group unbeaten, hitting Ahly home and away.

Defending champions Wydad Athletic Club have been drawn in Group A and are also re-uniting with a side they faced in the group stages last year, Petro de Luanda. They lost to the Angolan giants in Luanda, but had revenge with a massive 5-1 victory in the corresponding tie in Casablanca.

They will be joined in the group by Congolese side AS Vita Club and Algeria’s JS Kabylie... who are returning to the group phase after a long spell out.

Group C will meanwhile see an interesting East African battle with Simba SC of Tanzania drawn together with Ugandan debutants Vipers SC. They are joined in the group by Morocco’s Raja Club Athletic and Guinea’s Horoya.

Group D will meanwhile play host to some tantalizing North African derbies, with Tunisia’s Esperance, Egypt’s Zamalek and Algeria’s CR Belouizdad all drawn together. Joining them in the group is Sudan’s El Merrikh.

The group phase will kick off in February, just after the conclusion of the TotalEnergies African Nations Championship (CHAN) in Algeria in January.

Full Group Stage Draw

Group A:

Wydad Athletic Club (Morocco), Petro de Luanda (Angola), JS Kabylie (Algeria), AS Vita Club (DR Congo)

Group B:

Al Ahly (Egypt), Mamelodi Sundowns (South Africa) Al Hilal (Sudan) Coton Sport (Cameroon)

Group C:

Raja Club Athletic (Morocco), Horoya AC (Guinea) Simba SC (Tanzania) Vipers SC (Uganda)

Group D:

Esperance (Tunisia) Zamalek (Egypt), CR Belouizdad (Algeria) Al Merrikh (Sudan)

16712028462_img.jpg

The matches will be played according to the following schedule:

Matchday 1: 10-11 February 2023

Matchday 2: 17-18 February 2023

Matchday 3: 24-25 February 2023

Matchday 4: 7 March 2023

Matchday 5: 17-18 March 2023

Matchday 6: 31 March - 1 April 2023

Group D Fixtures

FjyMbmwWAAINw_2?format=jpg&name=medium

CAFOnline.com

Dernière modification par E-S-Tunis.com_en (16-12-2022 16:07)

#2 26-01-2023 04:12

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Lieu : New York, USA
Site Web

Re : Familiar foes re-unite as draw is concluded for CAF Champions League group stage

Are you ready for me now? You all know what happens after they announce the Group Stage draw, right? That's where I come in and tell you who will win this year's Champions League. I will have my post up soon and I will share it here!

Aime ce post :

Ej Garr

#3 26-01-2023 04:14

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Oh, and by the way... THIS IS QUITE A DRAW!! So many incredible clubs, one trophy!

Aime ce post :

Ej Garr

#4 06-02-2023 04:15

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

My group stage preview is set, so please enjoy my predictions and article.

http://calcioej.altervista.org/caf-2023-champions-league-group-stage-preview/

#5 06-02-2023 14:52

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

SportsKeeda also has it posted on their site... https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/2023-caf-champions-league-group-stage-preview

#6 06-02-2023 14:53

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

and I am talking to myself? Great!

#7 06-02-2023 15:52

mestiri67
TarajjiManiaque
Lieu : Tunis

Ej Garr a écrit :

and I am talking to myself? Great!

Hello

Aime ce post :

mestiri67

#8 06-02-2023 15:52

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Well Hello to you as well!

#9 06-02-2023 16:03

mestiri67
TarajjiManiaque

People interact less and less in the forum

#10 06-02-2023 20:56

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

That is a shame. It is fun to be here

#11 06-02-2023 21:08

Youssef Esperantiste
Super Fan

mestiri67 a écrit :

People interact less and less in the forum

the quality of the comments has clearly dropped .. this is no longer the forum as we knew it like before

#12 06-02-2023 22:23

ESTist 4ever
TarajjiManiaque

Youssef Esperantiste a écrit :

the quality of the comments has clearly dropped .. this is no longer the forum as we knew it like before

That is a shame too. It would be interesting to understand the reasons behind that.

#13 06-02-2023 23:30

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Well, I guess it would be up to us to change that, right? I will gladly try to be more active here and hang out with everyone. I have been here for 5 years and I hope to be here for the rest of my life building relationships, so we must do what we must do!

#14 06-02-2023 23:57

mestiri67
TarajjiManiaque

Ej Garr a écrit :

Well, I guess it would be up to us to change that, right? I will gladly try to be more active here and hang out with everyone. I have been here for 5 years and I hope to be here for the rest of my life building relationships, so we must do what we must do!

Political, economic situation in Tunisia is so desperate that people are just surviving this bad time … hoping for better days that are not coming … we do not foresee any better days … the situation is going from bad to worse … who is willing to get involved in a discussion when he’s / she’s desperately looking for essential food to survive ??

#15 07-02-2023 05:52

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Very true. Forgive me for hoping the forum could be active when desperate times are hard to even survive, much less post about sokker matches etc.

I apologize to all who are struggling to make ends meet and hope with you that things find their way to a better day. I know, we can omly wish.

#16 07-02-2023 07:49

mestiri67
TarajjiManiaque

Ej Garr a écrit :

Very true. Forgive me for hoping the forum could be active when desperate times are hard to even survive, much less post about sokker matches etc.

I apologize to all who are struggling to make ends meet and hope with you that things find their way to a better day. I know, we can omly wish.

In any case … as usual you’re most welcome ….

Aime ce post :

mestiri67

Pied de page des forums