Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 04-04-2019 20:01

E-S-Tunis.com_en
Membre
Site Web

Re : CAF 2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Preview

CAF 2019 Champions League Quarterfinals Preview

1554404377_img.jpg
After losing the 2018 CAF Super Cup, will Esperance win the 2019 CAF Champions League? Photo | est.org.tn

Well Well we meet again, and I can only hope you recall the last time we all got together to discuss the CAF CL?

Oh you don't? Hey, even if you do, let's set you up with a little trip down memory lane, because it's good for you to know what's hip baby.

So, it was at this point in the 2018 CAF Champions League when the quarterfinals were getting underway, and there was this guy who did some writing at SportsKeeda at the time.

His name was Ej, he goes by The Rainmaker and they hadn't revised the format yet as they have for this year's event.

Esperance de Tunis was one of the eight clubs left remaining in the competition, and I called for this organization to win the Champions League title. Oh, there's proof and it's right on the Esperance team page archived on their site.

2018 CAF Champions League Quarterfinals Preview

So on the tournament went, and you damn well know by now that Esperance went on to take the title, but after proceeding to the Semifinals, another article came out from yours truly.

2018 CAF Champions League Semifinals Preview

And then the trophy came from their finals meeting with Al-Alhy after losing the front leg 3-1, in fact. That away goal was the ultimate difference as Esperance returned home to take a 3-0 win and the celebration was on for all of us fans of the Tunisian Giants!

I celebrated that win like I was there, because I have been a fan of this club for years and it came to light around Africa when I posted about them. I have been a fan of CAF for years as anyone who knows me can tell you, so now it's all come full circle.

How amazing is it being an Esperance fan? Well, when the title game was won, the folks and fans in Tunisia and France combined to make something incredible happen.

Ready for this?

I just got it today [28 March 2019] in the mail, in fact, so it's on my personal You Tube channel now.

Click to Watch Video of Jersey and Banner Arriving 

So cool, and so fun, and so nice of everyone to make sure I received it.

With all of that said, this year's competition is once again at the quarterfinal stage of the competition, and I want to preview the proceedings in Africa again.

As Esperance celebrated their 100th anniversary with a Champions League title last year, this 55th edition of the event has reached the quarterfinals and the Tunisian Giants are in the game again chasing a repeat performance.

As group stage concluded, only one club escaped their group without a loss, and that club was? You guessed it, Esperance was the only one to pull it off this time around, and they took the top spot in group B with 14 points.

Esperance will be facing Constantine out in Algeria to kick-off the quarterfinals, a club that took their Algerian League title to earn their way here that ultimately finished 2nd in their group behind Mazembe with 10 points (3 - 1 - 2). Whomever comes away with the victory from this draw will end up taking on the winner of the tie between Simba and Mazembe. Simba landed their QF spot after allowing 13 goals in group stage, but their 3 wins and 3 losses were enough to land 9 points and move on to dance with Mazembe, who were here at this stage last year and got here this time around after taking the top spot in group C with 11 points. 

Al-Alhy is attempting to get back to the finals after falling just short in last year's tournament to Esperance, and they land a two-legged affair with the South African Premier Division Champion Mamelodi Sundowns.

The winner of this tie will go on to face the club that comes away from the Horoya and Wydad Casablanca tie. Both found their way to last year's QF at the CAF CL, but each lost at this stage  and were sent packing. This time around they will face each other with a semifinals spot on the line.

There are no lines available as of yet, but let me get your predictions out there and we can deal with all that later.

Esperance and Mazembe will pair up in the first semifinal at this year's CAF CL.

Casablanca and Al-Alhy will end up squaring off in the other semifinal, and then I will predict who escapes to the finals for you all.

Who wins it all this year though?

Oh, it's on again people, and with my jersey on and banner hanging on my wall, I support a play on Esperance to take back-to-back CAF Champions League titles. 

The Tunisian Giants will come away with CAF CL title # 4, and then we will see if they can pull off the three-peat in 2020?!

Ej Garr

Aime ce post :

E-S-Tunis.com_en

#2 04-04-2019 21:01

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Lieu : New York, USA
Site Web

Isn't it nice to be back here again?!?! Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed that preview, and I also hope you caught the video of my Esperance Jersey arriving to the United States last week! Forza Esperance!

Dernière modification par Ej Garr (04-04-2019 21:02)

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr

#3 04-04-2019 22:22

ESTfan
Administrateur
Lieu : Tunisie
Site Web

Ej Garr a écrit :

Isn't it nice to be back here again?!?!

Welcome back!

Hello everyone, I hope you enjoyed that preview, and I also hope you caught the video of my Esperance Jersey arriving to the United States last week!

You bet we did; for both, indeed. The video has made some kind of Facebook tour eliciting loads of responses from Esperance fans.

Forza Esperance!

Forza Esperance ! Forza Tarajji (Esperance in Arabic) ! Forza Mkachkha (["ch" pronounced as "sh"] the team's nickname; it is roughly associated with the smiling faces of 'Mkachkhines' - Esperance fans - happy as they are with their team regularly offering them victories and trophies wink)

Welcome again to the world of the Blood and Gold!

Aime ce post :

ESTfan

#4 06-04-2019 22:00

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

3 MONSTER AWAY GOALS BABY!!!
Oh yes, the Champs came out and SAID BOOM!

We ARE TUNIS! FORZA ESPERANCE!

That's how WE do it!

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr

#5 01-06-2019 15:44

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Well, that was not the way I was hoping to see it unfold, but we are again Champions. I guess it will have to do.

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr

#6 08-06-2019 04:32

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Okay, well I guess no one has anything to say...?  I am not one to talk to myself, so if no one has anything to say to me, you all take care and good luck! Ciao!

#7 08-06-2019 10:00

RDJEBENIANI
Super Fan
Lieu : ARIANA

Ej Garr a écrit :

Okay, well I guess no one has anything to say...?  I am not one to talk to myself, so if no one has anything to say to me, you all take care and good luck! Ciao!

Ciao amico giallo rosso.

Yes everybody is confused by the comical decision of AFC/CAF. In my life I never witnessed or heard about a team being beaten who stop the game and win the decision of a replay. Moreover, the rationale behind the decision has nothing to do with the demands of WAC about VAR but for was security reasons. Everybody was watching and there was no security issues.

Aiment ce post :

RDJEBENIANI, RDJEBENIANI, RDJEBENIANI

#8 08-06-2019 11:20

ESTist 4ever
TarajjiManiaque

Hello,
Yes what a disappointing final. It’s sad for African football. The Moroccans they only thought short term and wanted to win at any cost, even by harming the image of the whole continent as we all that of Tunisia. No security in the stadium to continue the game? Are you joking? People were there with their families, men and women and also kids. What a circus!!!

For me what hurts more is our naivity and “stupidity”. They played it well. I’m personally convinced all was very well planned theater. They were behind the non availability or non functioning of this stupid VAR, so they can use it to stop the game, and then raise the issue of lack of security to continue the game. As Tunisians we were stupid, and I’m sorry about using this word, we were all only speaking about the VAR and how they cannot use the VAR argument to reverse things. They played “smart” and kept their card secret until day D, and only then they surprised everybody with security argument. It was conspiracy, played with all concerned parties, of course including the CAF président and I would say even the referee (to give them an opportunity to raise the VAR issue). I’m convinced about this; they played it well, all well prepared and well staged. But at the end I hope we keep our championship.

Dernière modification par ESTist 4ever (08-06-2019 11:22)

Aiment ce post :

ESTist 4ever, ESTist 4ever, ESTist 4ever

#9 27-09-2019 00:46

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

MY FRIENDS! Hello from the United States again!

Are we ready for another round of CAFCL? You bet I am, and I know you all are!

How is everyone!?!?! Ciao! Salut!

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr

#10 27-09-2019 05:47

RDJEBENIANI
Super Fan
Lieu : ARIANA

Ej Garr a écrit :

Welcome back mate!

Aime ce post :

RDJEBENIANI

#11 27-09-2019 06:38

neder bachbaoueb
Coopérateur
Lieu : hammam lif

Ej Garr a écrit :

Hello freind
Happy to see you writing here again EGR

Dernière modification par neder bachbaoueb (27-09-2019 08:24)

Aiment ce post :

neder bachbaoueb, neder bachbaoueb

#12 27-09-2019 11:48

ESTfan
Administrateur
Lieu : Tunisie
Site Web

Ej Garr a écrit :

Of course, we are. And guess what! Looking forward to another 'Champions League Quarterfinals Preview' wink.

Aiment ce post :

ESTfan, ESTfan, ESTfan

#13 27-09-2019 18:01

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Of course! And hello to all 3 of you.

Looking forward to today's match as well. It is nice to have our fans to help us get past this club from Chad, although I still cannot believe they scored to level the front leg, 1 - 1.

Today, they will not be so lucky! FORZA Esperance!

And yes, I will again put up a big preview when the tournament gets to the QF! Always do and I appreciate you guys having me here.

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr

#14 27-09-2019 18:06

Ej Garr
Rédacteur
Site Web

Do you know what else is great?

People here in the U.S recognize me for that Esperance jersey video I did when you sent me the banner and the customized #10 jersey. I still have people ask me... "Hey, you're that Esperance fan that posted the video?"

Why yes! Yes, that is me!

Amazing!

Aiment ce post :

Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr, Ej Garr

Pied de page des forums