Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

#1 11-09-2015 03:08

E-S-Tunis.com_en
Membre
Site Web

Re : Ammar Souayah: "A match between Espérance and Étoile is never a formality!"

Ammar Souayah: "A match between Espérance and Étoile is never a formality!"

1440548766_img.jpg
Espérance Head Coach Ammar Souayah at a press conference. (Photo © almlki.net)

Espérance Head Coach Ammar Souayah held a press conference on Thursday ahead of the ultimate CAF Confederation Cup Group A clash on Saturday at the Stade Olympique, Sousse, between Tunisia's rivals Étoile du Sahel and Espérance de Tunis. While Étoile will have their sights fixed on the top spot for which they are competing with Al Ahly SC, Espérance will deliver a game of honor and prestige. "This is the last game we are going to play in this competition. Although we have already been eliminated, we will try to play a game that befits the reputation of our club," maintained Souayah. "I have to say that we have prepared this match in difficult conditions especially that we had several players called to their respective national teams (namely Tunisia, Tunisia U23 and Nigeria). Notwithstanding these circumstances, we hope to play a good match."

The match may carry no real challenge for Espérance. However, the coach believes that "a match between Espérance and Étoile is never a formality. It bears on the club's reputation. Besides, we are trying to restore confidence to the whole group and this necessarily requires a good result in Sousse. It is a match in which we have to eye the prestige of the club; we have no right to neglect it."

"The pre-season friendly matches," adds the coach, "have enabled me to work well and get an idea about the quality of the group I have." On the other hand, "the players have to assume responsibility and be prepared to honor the club and the jersey they are wearing. I treat them all on an equal footing, and the recent camp without the international players is a message to the whole team so that everyone knows that we attach equal importance to all."

E-S-Tunis.com

Pied de page des forums